Sunday, February 20, 2011

Painting Tigers


Painted on location at the Austin Zoo with Plein Air Austin, this painting of a tiger cleaning up after a hearty meal of….well I don’t know, there were pretty big bones lying there when it was done, is titled “Last Licks”. This zoo’s main attraction is that you can really see the animals. The tiger’s space wasn’t especially gorgeous, but it did have this lovely tree, and with a little imagination I blocked out everything manmade. I won’t add to this sketch. It has a simplicity that I like.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this tiger painting. It has come to mind multiple times since I first saw it, and you're right, its simplicity is its strength. You really used watercolor to your advantage here - wonderful color and light, and the power of suggestion.